From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Barb Gilman (known as @barbinnebraska) has a classroom rich with a love of reading. Today she talks about strategies any teacher can use to help kids love reading. She starts with a sign posting what she’s reading now! I’ve heard other educators (including my friend Todd Nesloney) who have teachers in their schools post what they are reading.
This episode is sponsored by 3D Bear. Join me, Jaime Donally of #ARVRinEdu chat and some excited AR classroom enthusiasts on Wednesday, December 19 at 9 pm ET for a free webinar about best practices in AR Classroom teaching.
– Wife, mother, and Catholic School Teacher
– 15 years teaching 3rd graders at St. Margaret Mary School in Omaha, Nebraska
– Co-Founder of #CatholicEdChat a Twitter Chat for Catholic school teachers- Saturday’s 8am CT. We started November 2012
– Blogger at Catechists Journey for Loyola Press https://catechistsjourney.loyolapress.com/author/barb/ since November 2014
– 2014 NCEA Distinguished Teacher for the Plains States
– 5 time presenter at the NCEA national convention
– Cover Girl for Today’s Catholic Teacher, Fall 2016
– Co-Organizer of #NECathEdCamp, founded 2015
– Follow me on Twitter @BarbInNebraska