A conversation with Rayna Freedman in episode 47 of the 10-minute Teacher
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Today Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm has a student classroom blog that will completely blow you away! Rayna is full-scale using blogging to teach writing. These fifth graders are writing and sharing fifteen or more blog posts a week and it shows. In today’s show, Rayna teaches us how she does it. Wow! Impressive!
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
[/callout]Enter today’s contest. I’m hosting a contest to draw for one person to receive an autographed copy of my book Reinventing Writing. To enter, use this widget to retweet and share this show.[/callout]
Subscribe to the show:
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Topics students choose
- Her blogging work flow
- Rayna’s favorite tools (all free!)
- Image citations and photography
- Rayna’s approach to digital equity and inclusion
I hope you enjoy this episode with Rayna!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @rlfreedm
- Blog: http://msfreedmanagent24.blogspot.com/
- Link to student blog: http://jjsecretagents.blogspot.com/
- Link to teacher blog: http://msfreedmanagent24.blogspot.com/
- Google Docs
- Google Classroom
- Peter Reynolds
- The Blue Bunny Bookshop owned by Peter Reynolds
- A student example blogging as “the blue bunny” and learning point of view
- Creative Commons images
- How to use Google to search for Creative Commons images
Cool Cat Teacher store – use code “remarkable” for a discount right now
Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm has been teaching for 17 years at the Jordan/Jackson Elementary school and has been blogging with students in the 4th and 5th grade. She is on the MassCUE board of directors, a doctoral student, and hopes to change the world of education some day.
Scroll down to see pictures of Rayna’s classroom.