10MT: Sylvia Duckworth on the 10-Minute Teacher
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Sylvia Duckworth (@sylviaduckworth) is a leading sketch note artist in education today. Her new book Sketchnotes for Educators: 100 Inspiring Illustrations for Lifelong Learners is a MUST BUY for every teacher and administrator.
Happy Motivational Monday! To get us motivated and remind us all why we’re in this profession, we discuss the six most popular sketch notes and how they can motivate us to be better teachers. We’ll also be giving away one of Sylvia’s Sketchnotes for Education books in today’s giveaway!
In this episode, Sylvia talks about some of her most popular sketch notes.These notes include the following and are shared with Sylvia’s permission. If you want to find all her other incredible sketch notes, you’ll need to buy the book which comes with download links so you can print on paper or poster for your school. (Scroll down for show notes, links, and the transcript.)
Listen now! Time (10:00 minutes)
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
I loved hearing the backstory behind these. Her most motivating sketch notes include:
1. Life (A Poem)
2. 12 Benefits of Creativity
3. The IceBerg Illusion
4. Your Comfort Zone
5. 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn His Day Around
6. 10 Reasons Why Every Teacher Needs a PLN
I hope you enjoy this episode with Sylvia Duckworth ! Leave a review on iTunes to enter today’s contest for the Makerbot Replicator Mini+. See below for contest rules.
Want to hear another motivating show? Hear NASSP 2017 Digital Principal of the Year David Geurin talk about helping teachers find their blind spots from episode 4.
Selected Links from this Episode (in order of mention)
- Smart Learning Suite – http://cctea.ch/10MT-smartlab
- Free Webinar on Differentiated Instruction http://www.coolcatteacher.com/free-webinar-differentiate-instruction- technology
- Sylvia Duckworth – https://sylviaduckworth.com/
- Sketchnotes for Educators http://amzn.to/2kFv1rV
- “Life” by L.R. Knost https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7283974-life-is-amazing-and-then-it-s-awful-and-then-it-s
- Sir Ken Robinson http://sirkenrobinson.com/
- Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, and the Science of Success http://amzn.to/2jN0wnY
- 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn Their Day Around http://www.coolcatteacher.com/10-ways-to-flip-a-kid-and-turn-their-day-around/
Sylvia Duckworth @sylviaduckworth is a French teacher and Tech Coach, at Crescent School in Toronto. She and her students love Google Apps for Education and can’t imagine life without them. Sylvia blogs at https://sylviaduckworth.com/
Contests included in this show
- See the contest rules for the SMART Learning Suite and MakerBot Replicator Mini+ in last week’s show.
- BOOK GIVEAWAY: Sketchnotes for Educators: 100 Inspiring Illustrations for Lifelong Learners by Sylvia Duckworth
- Manner of Selection of Winners: All participants with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher between February 3, 2017 and midnight on February 5, 2017 will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner.
- Geographic Area and Eligibility: This is being shipped by the author and the location that is being shipped to should be commensurate with the shipping cost to North America. If it is not, an alternate winner may be awarded.
- Dates: February 3, 2017 – February 5, 2017 at midnight EST.
- How Prizes Will be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews on iTunes will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
- Determination of date of winner: February 6, 2017 the name will be drawn and the winner will be notified.
- No purchase necessary.
- Alternate method of free participation. You may also enter with a social media posting on Instagram or Twitter linking to the show using the hashtag #10MT.
- Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before February 27, 2017.
- Void where prohibited.
The post #06: The 6 Most Motivating Sketchnotes in Education Today appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!